Happy February beauties!!! If you haven't noticed already I'm quite obsessed with food. I LOVE it! I'm constantly pinning new recipes on Pinterest and when I get the time trying to bake or cook them myself. If you want to follow my account just click here babes. Of course, I don't have nearly enough kitchen gadgets and utensils as I would like but I make do. lol... I first got interested in cooking when I decided I needed to take a closer look at what I was eating when I finally figured out how to lose the weight that had been plaguing me since I was 12, but that's another story coming soon! That was what got me started cooking and baking my own food. I discovered that I loved it & so did my body evidently cause I lost that pesky weight that had been bothering me. *wink wink*
So we just introduced a new fragrance to our Valentines Beauty Collection, "Atomic Love" Cinnamon Sugar and I thought why not make some Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts to celebrate it! Yay! Yes, and I said baked so they're much better for you than say fried donuts. I try not to eat too many fried foods...though I do indulge on occasion! Variety and moderation is key to what I eat. I never deprive myself of any certain type of food.
How cute are these? I made little mini sized donuts but you could easily do this will regular sized donut molds. Look at all that delicious cinnamon & sugar. Le sigh...
I took a bite! I couldn't resist it and besides I had to show you what it looked like on the inside. *wink*
OMG, how can you not drool over these? I want one right now!!
And look, the inside is just as pretty as the outside...and as tasty. These were pretty easy to make and I had so much fun making them! What do you think? Did I do a good job? Do you want to see more food obsessed posts on here pretties? Just let me know!! *wink wink* Here's the recipe I got from this site, Sweetest Kitchen.
BAKED CINNAMON DONUTS:
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Softened Butter
- ½ Cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1½ Cups of All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees beauties.
- Next, take all your dry ingredients...the flour, baking soda, salt & nutmeg and mix together in a bowl!
- Get another pretty bowl and mix together your milk, egg, and delicious vanilla. I love vanilla, don't you? Sniff...sniff...smells SO good. *wink* I ALWAYS sniff the vanilla when I'm using it. Hahaha....
- Get your mixer out and in another bowl cream together the softened butter and sugar.
- In two parts, add in the wet ingredients and mix into the sugar and butter. Then, take the dry ingredients and mix in half of that. Then, add in the rest of the wet ingredients and mix until combined and then add in the last of the dry ingredients. Don't over mix. Mix until just combined.
- I like to take a pastry bag and put the batter in it and pipe it into my donut shaped silicone molds like this one here. Only fill half way up the mold so the donut can rise. *wink*
- Put it the toasty oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. They should spring back to the touch when done. Remove them from the donut mold and do the next batch! Aww, man they're gonna be yummy!!!!
- For the coating, you want to melt that extra butter in a bowl. And in a plastic bag, put your cinnamon and sugar in their and toss together. That's for when the donuts are done and we get to put their yummy cinnamon sugar coating all over it.
- When the donuts are cool, simple dip them into the melted butter and toss in the bag with the sugar & cinnamon to evenly coat them. Shake off any excess and plate them for nibbling on! Yay! Eat within 24 hours and store in an airtight container so they stay fresh and yummy. What a sweet treat!! Now, eat them! Nom...nom...nom!